Friday, May 16, 2008

Summertime, and the livin' is easy...

Yay! I'm done with school, finally!! It has been a LONG year. That first semester at Maryland nearly wiped me out. This second semester was MUCH better, and I may have even pulled out another 4.0!! Holla!

I did absolutely nothing today. I took my Art History final, which went quite smoothly, and then came home. After a two hour nap, I went to the bank, Bed Bath & Beyond, and Blockbuster.

I got a bunch of goodies at Bed Bath and Beyond, including the most amazing candle ever. The Buttercream scented candle by Yankee Candle company. I'm hoping I'll take one whiff and my blood sugar will spike so high that my desires for sweets will diminish. God. I'm going to end up eating the candle, I can see it now. I ended my day watching Alvin and the Chipmunks with my mama...not too bad, to be honest. I giggled a few times. Maybe even a medium-strength laugh once or twice. Not too bad. Maybe I should start rating movies a la Escalefter style?

I wish I had more to write, but nothing really upset me today enough to write about, and nothing upset me in the past week that kept me upset enough to want to write about it tonight. I am, however, excited for tomorrow! I'm seeing Baby Mama with Pat! I saw a clip or two on Oprah yesterday, and it looks like it'll be good fun. I'll be sure to report tomorrow (for the 2-3 of you who actually read this)!!! Muy caliente!

Tip of the day: Download a version of 'Summertime,' online. I suggest the Billie Holiday version (of course), the Fantasia Barrino version, the Eva Cassidy version, or the Scarlett Johannsen version, or for the ultimate classic/original, the George Gershwin version. Good song -- I'll have to sing it for you some day.



Make an observation.
Stop to sing a song.
Don't wear crocs.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your post is a reminder of my regret. I had a chance to buy candles at Yankee Candle and I didn't (even though I've been yearning for one). Aren't they way cheaper at BB&B? I didn't want to splurge.

Kristine said...

You don't have to write upsetting things.

I usually keep a mini notebook with me because I ALWAYS think of something to write about throughout the day and if I don't have it written down, I'll usually forget.

And I WILL wear Crocs, biatch. [Only not really, I left them in VA.]