Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Road Observations

After a fun weekend in New York with the family, it was back to business. Well not really, considering I don't resume work until next week. But I was back to my normal everyday routine.


Have you ever been zooming down the left lane when all of a sudden someone get right in front of you and maintains a snail-paced speed? On the way home from Long Island, a motorcycle got in front of me and went the speed limit. Not above it! It honestly took a bit out of me not to just go a bit faster and knock him and his girlfriend off that bike and just continue on my way. I can't stand it. ESPECIALLY when the person's on a motorcycle. I mean come on! They usually go so fast and like weave through traffic. Of course the one biker who follows the rules would cut in front of me.

And then today, when I was leaving the grocery store, this girl was walking in the MIDDLE of the parking lot. And I was like right behind her in my car and she didn't move at all. I waited a while for her to move over, but then I lost my patience. I muttered an obscenity under my breath and eased my foot down on the peddle and drove right for her ("PINK" was splashed across her butt. ps. TRYING TOO HARD). Obviously, she realized if she didn't move, she'd die, so she moved. Don't worry. I wasn't going fast, and I had enough room and even swerved around her in the end so I wouldn't like clip her or whatever. But I put my foot down hard enough that it would make the engine growl at her.

I swear. Pedestrians and slow drivers need to get their ish together. It's like the rest of the world is trying to play 'chicken' with me on the road, but I never really lose. You can always tell who the road crazies are, and I can see them coming from a mile away. Everyone else shouldn't bother trying.

ps. I don't have road rage. I may be impatient, but I'm a great driver.

Make an observation.
Stop to sing a song.
Don't wear crocs.

No comments: